Declaration of Data Protection
The protection of personal data is a very important issue for us. For this reason, the company listed in the imprint, airwerk GmbH, handles private data in accordance with the applicable legislation for the protection of personal data and for data security.
1. Name and contact information of the person responsible for data handling and of the company data protection officer
This data protection information is valid for data handling by:
Heinrich Hertz Straße 7
Telephone: +49 (0) 4473-926 71-30
Fax: +49 (0)4473-92671-59
The data protection officer of airwerk GmbH can be reached under the address given above, to the attention of Mr. Holger Haardt or at email@example.com.
2. The collection and storage of personal data and the nature and purpose of its use
a) When visiting the website
When accessing our website, www.airwerk.com, information from the browser on your terminal devices is automatically sent to our website server. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called logfile. In the course of this procedure, the following data is collected and stored, without any action on your part, until the time of automatic deletion:
• IP address of the requesting computer,
• Date and time of the access,
• Name and URL of the file accessed,
• Website from which it was accessed (Referrer-URL),
• Browser used and possibly the computer operating system as well as the name of your internet access provider.
These data are collected and processed for the following purposes:
• Enabling connection establishment of the website,
• Guaranteeing the comfortable use of our website,
• Analysis of system security and stability,
• For other administrative purposes.
b) When registering for our newsletter
If you have given your permission in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR, we will use your e-mail address for the purpose of regularly sending you our newsletter. In order to receive the newsletter it is sufficient to enter an e-mail address. It is possible to unsubscribe to the newsletter at any time, for example by using the link at the end of every newsletter. Alternatively, you can send your unsubscribe request per e-mail at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
c) When using our contact form
Should you have any questions we offer you the option of contacting us via the contact form on our website. To use this contact form it is necessary to enter a valid e-mail address so that we know who the inquiry is from and where to send our reply. The entry of other information is optional. The data handling for the purpose of making contact with us takes place in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR and is based on your voluntarily provided permission. The personal data received through the use of the contact form are automatically deleted after your inquiry has been processed.
3. Passing on data to third parties
When using airwerk websites, applications or online tools, airwerk processes the following personal data:
• Personal data which you have voluntarily entered online on a airwerk website (such as registration, request for contact or upon participation in a questionnaire, etc.), such as first and last name, e-mail address, telephone number, information as part of a support request, comments or forum posts an information, which is automatically sent from your web browser or terminal device, e.g. your IP address, device type, browser type, previously visited websites, visited subpages or the date and time of each visitor request.
We process personal data for the following purposes:
• to enable you to make use of the services and functions of the airwerk website,
• to determine your identity and to enable user authentication,
• to process your inquiries, and
• to enforce our user conditions, to exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims in order to defend against and prevent fraudulent activities, including attacks on our IT infrastructure.
The processing of personal data is necessary in order to achieve the above listed purposes. If not explicitly stated otherwise when personal data is elicited, the legal basis is as follows:
• the implementation and fulfillment of a contract with you (Article (1) (b) of the General Data Protection Regulation),
• the fulfillment of legal obligations to which airwerk is subject (Article 6 (1) (c) of the General Data Protection Regulation), or
• the preservation of the legitimate interests of airwerk GmbH (Article 6 (1) (f) the General Data Protection Regulation). The legitimate interest of airwerk GmbH lies in the processing of your personal data for the purpose of preparing an offer and operating airwerk online features.
In some cases, we expressly request your consent to the processing of your personal data.
In this case, the legal basis for the processing of personal data is the consent you have provided (Article 6 (1) (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation).
5. Analysis Tools
a) Tracking Tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are based on Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. With the tracking measures we use, we want to ensure a needs-based design and the continuous optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our features for you. These interests are to be regarded as justified within the meaning of the aforementioned regulation. The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
i) Google Analytics1
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc., for the purpose of designing and continually optimizing our websites as required (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; referred to in the following as „Google“). In this context, pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies are used (see point 4). The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
• Browser Type/ Version,
• Operating system used,
• Referrer URL (the previously visited page),
• Hostname of the accessing computer (IP address),
• Time of the server request,
are transmitted to a Google server in the US and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage for the purposes of market research and tailor-made website design. This information may also be transferred to third parties if required by law or if third parties have been contracted to process this data. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with any other data provided by Google. The IP addresses are anonymized, so that an assignment is not possible (IP Masking). You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting the browser software accordingly; however, we would like to point out that in this case not all features of this website may be used to their full extent. In addition, you may prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de). As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics tracking by clicking https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. An opt-out cookie will be set that will prevent the future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again. For more information about privacy related to Google Analytics, see the Google Analytics Help Center (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
ii) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
We use Matomo open-source software for analysis and the statistical evaluation of website usage. Cookies are used for this purpose (see section 4). The information generated by the cookie about the use of the website is transmitted to our servers and summarized in pseudonymous usage profiles. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website and to enable a needs-based design of our website. The information will not be passed on to third parties. In no case will the IP address be associated with any other data concerning the user. The IP addresses are anonymized, so that an assignment is not possible (IP-Masking). Your visit to this website is currently covered by Matomo Web Analytics. Click here (https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/), so that your visit is no longer recorded.
6. Social Media Plug-ins
We rely on social plug-ins from the social networks Facebook, Twitter and Instagram on our website in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR to make our company better known. The underlying commercial purpose is to be regarded as a legitimate interest within the meaning of the GDPR. Responsibility for the operation in compliance with data protection is to be guaranteed by their respective providers. The incorporation of these plug-ins by us is done by using the so-called two-click method to protect visitors to our website as well as possible.
On our website we use social media plugins from Facebook to make the use more personal. For this we use the “LIKE” or “SHARE” button. This is a feature provided by Facebook.
If you visit a page of our website that contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to the Facebook servers. The content of the plugin is transmitted by Facebook directly to your browser and incorporated into the website. By integrating the plugins, Facebook receives the information that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have a Facebook account or are currently not logged in to Facebook. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted from your browser directly to a Facebook server in the US and stored there.
Our website also uses so-called social plugins (“plugins”) operated by Instagram LLC, 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA (“Instagram”).
7. The Rights of Affected Persons
You have the right:
• to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the right to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if not collected by us, as well as the existence of an automated decision-making process including profiling and, if applicable, any meaningful information about its particulars;
• in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to demand the correction of incorrect personal data or to complete personal data stored with us;
• under Art. 17 GDPR to demand the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless the processing is required for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
• according to Art. 18 GDPR to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject their deletion and we no longer need the data, but you need this data for asserting, exercising or defending legal claims, or you have objected to the processing of this data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
• pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR to receive your personal data provided to us in a structured, standard and machine-readable format or to request transmission to another person responsible;
• pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR to revoke your once given consent to us at any time. As a result, we are not allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future and
• under Article 77 GDPR to register a complaint to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or our office.
8. Right of Appeal
If your personal data are processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right to objection, which will be implemented by us without you having to specifying any particular situation. If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
9. Data Security
We use the commonly used SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method within the site visit, in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. In general, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we’ll use 128-bit v3 technology instead. If a single page of our website is transmitted in an encrypted form, this can be recognized by the closed presentation of the key or lock icon in the lower status bar of your browser. We also take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
10. Updating and Changing the Declaration of Data Protection